Thursday, June 11, 2009

Vital Statistics



Pauline from Writing Down the Words recently took part in a new meme making the rounds and asked "who's next?" and I decided to take up the challenge :)

I drive...

Nothing yet, I'm just learning to drive and Banana #2 is teaching me on his Nissan Skyline. It's a standard sportscar - not easy to learn on but lots of fun!

If I have time to myself...

I like to listen to music and stumble around on the internet. I love the sense of community that can be found online.

You wouldn't know it but I'm very good at...

Knitting and sewing though I hardly get the chance to do either anymore.

I'm no good at...

Getting stuff done on time. I procrastinate like crazy but I take solace in the words of Douglas Adams "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

Books that changed me...

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Jeremy Thatcher the Dragon Hatcher by Bruce Coville
The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran
Philadelphia Fire by John Edgar Wideman
Refuge by Terry Tempest Williams
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
Heralds of Valdemar Trilogy by Mercedes Lackey
and just about every book by Tamora Pierce
more than individual books though I've been changed by individual poems:
Invictus by W.E. Henley
Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson
Dark Pines Under Water by Gwedolyn MacEwen

Movie heaven...

Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
Waking Life
Pride and Prejudice
That Darn Cat
Funny Face
You've Got Mail
Annie Hall
Atonement
Oscar
Young Frankenstein
Blazing Saddles
Juno
Up
Ballet Shoes
Elizabeth
Ever After
Runaway Bride
and on and on and on

Comfort eating...


Chocolate
Mashed potatoes
Home-made macaroni and cheese
Cake

When I was a child, I wanted to be...

Either a traveller/adventurer/explorer or a writer - I suppose this is why I'm attracted to writing fantasy literature - there are no new worlds to discover and explore so I decided to create my own.

All my (spare) money goes on...

Eating out mostly, we eat out way more than we should. I also like scratch and win tickets and have to pay to do laundry and then there's always that crippling debt to pay off :S

At night I dream of...

Bizarre things. Major themes in my dreams include ravens, crocodiles and nature - mostly forests, lakes, and rivers although I did have an interesting dream that took place in Australia a couple of nights ago.

My favourite buildings...


The Royal Ontario Museum pre-glass-monstrosity, my family's cottage, Champlain College at Trent University

My biggest regret...


Honestly, I can't think of any great regrets. I'm tempted to say deciding to go to university but if I hadn't gone I wouldn't have met Banana #2 or a number of friends so despite the fiasco it turned out to be it has all been worth it.

If I wasn't me I'd like to be...

Someone alive hundreds of years ago when there were still blank spaces on the map.

My favourite works of art...

Fantasy art. Mostly stuff I find stumbling around on the internet.

The current soundtracks of my life...

Built for the Sea
Louis Armstrong
Florence and the Machine
Meiko
Jessica Paige
Reina Boone
all of these artists are on thesixtyone.com - you can check out my favourite songs on there under PAN33

The best inventions ever...

Chocolate, paper, and indoor plumbing are all pretty high up on my list, I'm also rather fond of "moving pictures" - I do love the silver screen :)

So - who's next?

1 comment:

  1. Very good meme! I might return to pick it up later, right now I haven't got the time...

    ReplyDelete